Re: [SLUG] Re: Microsoft Independence

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 07:28:26 EDT

> From: "edoc" <kd4e@arrl.net>
> To: <slug@nks.net>
> Subject: Re: Microsoft Independence
> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:55:51 -0400
>
> > The thing I find humorous about this conversation is that I've *never*
> > been able to kill a print job under Windows.

I have never had a problem with this in Windows. You simply unplug the damn
thing and when it re-boots it allows you to kill the print job.
Alternate you can use MS approach but 1/2 the time it doesn't work.
Another sure approach is to use a big hammer on the computer.

I open the little "printer
> > manage" window thing and click on "C*ncel" and "Pause" and "Stop" and
> > everything else and nothing seems to happen. I invariably wind up
> > unplugging the printer until Windows decides it's done printing.
>
> I must be missing something, killing a print job in M$ is easy. Double-
> click on the printer icon, then select Printer, then select Purge Printer
> Documents. History! Quick too.
Except that it does not work for the job being printed for a HP printer.

> Now this is using a Canon printer but I have seen something very
> similar for most modern printers.

I may be wrong but I believe it was Cannon printers (three of them) BC
something I was setting up in the office on Linux.
Never did get it to print correctly.
Later I found out that for the printers I was attempting to set up RH has
posted a warning that the print drivers are not to good.

Frank