Re: [SLUG] Re: Microsoft Independence

From: \ (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 08:36:00 EDT

> I have never had a problem with this in Windows. You simply unplug the damn
> thing and when it re-boots it allows you to kill the print job.
> Alternate you can use MS approach but 1/2 the time it doesn't work.
> Another sure approach is to use a big hammer on the computer.

The only good, GUI-based printer utility I have ever seen that allows
you to abort a print job easily is the one included with recent versions
of SuSE. I have tested it successfuly with HP & Epson printers, and
found SuSE's default print system far easier to set up and use than
Mandrake's CUPS stuff, which doesn't work worth a damn with my Epson
760.

- Robin