Re: [SLUG] Help , linux newby

From: Jason Copenhaver (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 15:58:55 EDT

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 pleasemail@att.net wrote:

> I attended the Sat. Dunedin meeting, and wanted to
> find a way to install linux on my laptop (but still
> keep my windows system until I learned some linux).
>
> Several members suggested I download Toms root boot at
> www.toms.net/rb , which I understood would run linux
> from a floppy on my laptop without removing my windows
> system. Alas, I did download it and ran the floppy,
> but now I cannot boot to windows , even with the floppy
> removed. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can get
> my windows system running again on my laptop?
> Thanks, R. Hartley 727-461-4707
> pleasemail@att.net

Have you tried booting with a windows 98 boot disk? If this works and you
can then see everything on your laptop you probablly just need to sys your
drive again.. This can be done by typing 'sys C:' from the boot disk..

Do you get any messages when you boot up? like possibly a LILO or some
other boot loader?

Jason