Re: [SLUG] TOMSRBT -- How To Fit 2.1M on 1.44M FD?

From: \ (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 08:56:03 EDT

> Or, you can run right out and buy a 2.88 MB floppy disk! :-) All I know is
> that such a beast exists, but I've only read documentation on it...never seen
> it in real life. Maybe it's in a zoo, or a museum...

No, no. Tom's Rootboot basic boot program fits on one floppy.

Untar the 2.1 M file on your hard drive, not directly on a floppy and
follow instructions, and you will probably be okay. Tom's puts an
extended file system and close to 1.7 MB on a 1.4 MB floppy, but I've
seen this work. IIRC (it's been a while since I used Tom's) the rest of
the download is installers and docs.

For more info: http://www.toms.net/rb/tomsrtbt.FAQ

- Robin