Re: [SLUG] HTML Editor (and others)

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 18:43:51 EDT

On Monday 30 July 2001 09:29, Bill wrote:
> On Monday 30 July 2001 02:32, you wrote:
> > Those of you looking for an HTML Editor may want to check this out.
> >
> > http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Brigitte

Yes, thanks for pointing this out. I have used it also and it is quite nice.
It has progressed quite a bit in version 2. I like the layout, which seems to
follow the layout of kdevelop, which is quite classy itself. The docs tab is
an excellent set of html reference docs, plus a couple of web friendly
languages. I think they are from htmlhelp; ah yes there's the logo at the
bottom. Very nice. Makes me grin. I've been using it for html and bluefish
for css. Funny though, the browser in quanta doesn't render stylesheets like
the other browsers, hehe. Go figger.
Thanks for the tip.

> You might also be interested in examining SCREEM which, while similar in
> purpose, has different ways of accomplishing the same goals.

Hmm... can't get it to download. Which reminds me to mention a couple of
other things. I was suprised by the number of folks who hadn't tried the man
pages in konqueror. How about the shortcuts? Everyone know about those? They
are found in preferences. One can do things on the url line like: "gg:stuff"
which to konqueror means use google to find the word stuff or "rf:screem"
which means access rpmfind.net and look for screem. Another nice feature, and
one can customize/add to this one.
I have started to do a lot of my downloading with a program named "nt" mainly
because it saves the filename to a list and will pickup where it left off of
an unfinished download. I have it setup to watch the clipboard for .tgz, .rpm
and the like so when I copy a link it pops up and I can tell it to start
downloading or save it for later. Nice features for modem users.