[SLUG] another samba question

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 07:38:26 EDT

I'm trying to get my windows machines to share my linux printer and
after looking through my archives of this mailing list I still can't
resolve my problem.

Problem:
windows clients can't connect to the samba machine:

I can see the samba machine in network neighborhood but when I try to do
a net view \\cpt from the dos cmd window on windows I receive the
following error:

error 59: an unexpected network error has occurred. Quit all running
programs, restart your computer, and then try again.

I have lmhosts on both machines linux and windows along with the hosts
file. Can anyone tell me what is not working here? If I click on the
icon for cpt in the network neighborhood then after sometime, I get a
message saying: \\cpt is not accessible. A network error has occurred:
I can ping both machines from each other.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Mike M.