Re: [SLUG] Verizon DSL -- Anything I Should Know?

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 19:01:06 EDT

On Saturday 18 August 2001 16:48, you wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> Verizon???I'm Using Verizon's ADSL right now. Do I have anything good to
> say about them??Yes..When the connection is on it does have good speed.Do I
> have anything bad to say?? YES..To much connection loss! And on top of that
> when they do see that your running a web server on port 80 I have noticed
> getting disconnected then receiving a new Ip# when I reconnect. NEVER
> happened when I wasnt running http and usually held the same Ip# for about
> a month and a half.
>snip
 well correction to my earlier reply----I just checked and the DSL did run a
diff IP so there goes the static IP---but I did have the same IP for well
over 5 months---maybe things are just different here----the cable is static
and has been for over 3 years now----
  AJ

   Thats why I keep bugging Telocity.