Re: [SLUG] Verizon DSL -- Anything I Should Know?

From: David (res07lvd@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 16:48:36 EDT

Dave wrote:
  Verizon???I'm Using Verizon's ADSL right now. Do I have anything good to
say about them??Yes..When the connection is on it does have good speed.Do I
have anything bad to say?? YES..To much connection loss! And on top of that
when they do see that your running a web server on port 80 I have noticed
getting disconnected then receiving a new Ip# when I reconnect. NEVER
happened when I wasnt running http and usually held the same Ip# for about a
month and a half.
  Thats why I keep bugging Telocity.
  They give you Static Ip# and allow you to host anything you want.
But until Telocity is avalable in Port Richey I'm an unhappy Verizon Online
Customer!
So if your off and on the puter and dont leave it on and not gonna host your
own stuff then it would be fine for ya.
Other then that....Thumbs Down!
David