RE: [SLUG] Motherboard question

From: Robert Jones (rkones1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 22:04:26 EDT

I've done a few builds with the MSI K7 Pro2A and the K7T Turbo and found
them very reliable (10 or so with no returns). Their performance is merely
OK. They are not speed demons by any stretch. They make very good, reliable,
inexpensive systems. These builds were for Win98 systems. Never used one
with Linux however.

For good performance, look at Asus, Abit or Tyan boards. These have
reputations for performance. I've been using Asus lately. Mostly the A7V133.
This has a built in ide raid controller
(http://www.asus.com/products/Motherboard/socketa/a7v133/index.html).

Tom's hardware page usually has some pretty good links on performance.
http://www.tomshardware.com/

Hope this helps.

Bob Jones