Re: [SLUG] Motherboard question

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 00:42:23 EDT

On Sunday 19 August 2001 10:04 pm, you wrote:
> I've done a few builds with the MSI K7 Pro2A and the K7T Turbo and found
> them very reliable (10 or so with no returns). Their performance is merely
> OK. They are not speed demons by any stretch. They make very good,
> reliable, inexpensive systems. These builds were for Win98 systems. Never
> used one with Linux however.
>
> For good performance, look at Asus, Abit or Tyan boards. These have
> reputations for performance. I've been using Asus lately. Mostly the
> A7V133. This has a built in ide raid controller
snip
Im using an A7V socketA and have been for awhile now---nothing but really
good stuff to say for it-----probably the best board Ive ever used---(and I
have built more than just a few systems) I really like it and can assure you
that there will be NO difficulties with Linux--Be--Os2- windoze---got them
all on this box and workin fine
     AJ