Re: [SLUG] Slug list archives

From: Tim Spalding (dominus@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 00:34:58 EDT

Derek Glidden wrote:
> All Hypermail needs to be able to add them to the archives I have set up
> now is for them to be in UNIX mbox format, if someone has a backlog of
> all the slug-list messages someplace.

> I already mentioned it, but I'll repeat myself that if someone *does*
> have this data, I will absolutely be thrilled to insert it in with the
> rest of the archives.

Well, I just checked my SLUG list archive folder. Aside from mailing list
transitions (of which there were several around that time), I have what I
presume to be a (nearly?) complete archive going back to September 1998.

I'm not familiar with UNIX mbox format, but I've been using Netscape (and now
Mozilla), which uses a flat-ASCII, possibly straight RFC-822(?), but if need be
definitely parseable/convertible format.

I'm happy to contribute all or part of it, if it will help. In fact, I plan to
have it at the picnic Saturday. Further, sick freak that I am, I'll even bring
my crossover cable. ;-) See you there.