Re: [SLUG] Under $600. laptops & Linux

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@intergate.cx)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 19:28:42 EDT

Thinkpad 760XL (P166MMX)
Thinkpad 760EL (P120)
Toshiba 4030CDT (Celeron 300)
Compaq Contura 410 (486/66),420(486/75),430CX(486/100)

I have installed Linux on these myself, and others that aren't listed due to
the lack of brain cells required to recall all of the models I've had over
the years LOL .. I am writing this on a Toshiba 4030CDT running RH 7.1. When
used with XFree 4.03 it's solid. (It's solid with 4.10 but you lose virtual
terminals alt-fn etc.. They are working on a fix) I paid $500 for it last
month.

Andrew