Re: [SLUG] How come no OEM dual-boot machines?

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 01:12:58 EDT

> Too bad the
> current legal hassle facing MS became so narrowly
> focused.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Gov't is just
picking the wrong battles? I mean, the Browser deal -
I thought - paled in comparison to this (which, though
it was a "trade secret", was actually somewhat known).
I mean, this is akin to saying "well, we will
purposelly make this vendor's software not run on our
system." Wait, they're doing that with XP and
Firewalls, arent't they? Hmm... No court in the
country would overturn any ruling or set pusishment
were this brought to light and focused upon.

But then again, this might have a fighting chance
after 2004 (when Open Source techs have cut deeply
enough into the market to bring some light on this,
like the entire "GPL Not Allwed" deal)...

Norb

=====
~ Good evening, Mr. Gates
    . . I'll be your server this evening.