RE: [SLUG] Server project for non for profit organization

From: Michael K. Dittmeier (mike@bluecrabtech.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 19:10:03 EDT

        public = yes
        create mode = 0750
        allow hosts = 192.168.1. 127.

-----Original Message-----
From: SOTL [mailto:sotl155360@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 7:03 PM
To: Michael K. Dittmeier
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Server project for non for profit organization

Am I to assume from that you can see your network from the Win box?
If how did you do that.

I have not been able to achieve it.

There appears to be something wrong with my host or lmhost setup in the win
box.

I can ping from linux to linux or win using address and names.
I can ping from win to win or linux using address.
I can ping win to win using name but it goes to some wild host file to do
this.
I CAN NOT ping from win to linux using names.

Thanks
Frank