Re: [SLUG] file transfer

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 21:21:00 EDT

Ah... Don't any of you young whipper-snappers remember good ol' fashion
UUCP -- a.k.a. Unix to Unix copy? Why, in the good ol' days(tm) we used
to use it to cattle drive them thar longhorn files all over the country
and across the room too. Gol-darn it!

http://www.fisica.uson.mx/Linux/howto/UUCP-HOWTO.html

Should work with just a NULL MODEM cable or adaptor. You can buy them
at most places that sell serial cable and adaptors or roll your own with
this info:
http://www.loop-back.com/null-mod.html

More complete serial info here: http://www.taltech.com/introserial.htm

and lots about UUCP here: http://www.uucp.org/

Most distros have uucp on the disk(s). Some install it as part of a
minimal base system.

Ed Centanni