Re: [SLUG] Firewall helpers

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 23:06:22 EDT

On Sunday 09 September 2001 12:32 pm, Russell Hires wrote:

> e-Smith....hmmmm. I can't just download a version of their software
> off their site (neither .com nor .org), and while they say they are
> GPL, they have a funny way of making the software/source
> available...I'm not too happy about that. They may be complying
> with the letter of the GPL, but not its spirit. So, no, haven't
> tried it, and may not... :-(
>
> Russell
>
> > Hi Russell:
> >
> > Have you taken a look at e-Smith? If so what do you think?
> >
> > Frank

I'm sorry Russell but I'm having trouble understanding why you can't
seem to find the download of e-smith? The iso and the complete source
is located on multiple ftp/http mirrors. The mirrors are listed on
the downloads page on the .org site. The e-smith server is FULLY
GPL'ed software. The .org site even has many contributors in the
spirit of Open Source :)

--
R.G. Mayhue
r.g.mayhue@verizon.net