Re: [SLUG] RH 7.1 Crash & Recovery

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 19:33:16 EDT

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Ed Centanni wrote:

> I don't know what partitions /home and /var are on (/dev/hda1,
> /dev/hda2...?) but if you know -- and you should remember if you
> installed it -- then at the prompt type:

... RH 7.1 and following use a named partition in /etc/fstab
on new installs.

-- it is not immediately necessary to know the exact devices
involved, for doing the fsck, so long as the partition lables
are intact. This is part of the lead in for support of the
revamp/roll-in for LVM and Journalled file systems, coming
soon to a Linux box near you.

-- Russ