Re: [SLUG] Dial up ISP's, Brandon II Meeting

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 23:00:32 EDT

>Try Earthlink. I signed up with them about a year and a half ago
(Mindspring
>before the acquisition) and could tap in via KPPP as soon as I got my modem
>running under Linux. They're quite Linux-friendly, judging from the
knowledge
>base in their online help. You can access all of their services by Web
>browser (account maintnenace, billing, etc). I just dial up and go.
>
>Their prices are't too bad, considering. I think it's $19.99 a month for
new
>customers, and I'm still paying only $14.99 under my old service agreement.

Me and Diana have used Mindspring / Earthlink for over 5 years.
No Problem.

They give you $20.00 for each referal user after their first month.
They can bill you monthly with out needing a credit card or Bank account
number.
They give you first month free no sign up fee no contracts.

If you need kppp settings.
server signed ip
dns 207.69.188.185 second dns 207.69.188.186
mail pop server is pop.mindspring.com smtp is mail.mindspring.com

so you have the server settings enjoy.

I have reffered over 20 people whom have all stuck with it over 3 years.

24-7 tech support with real techs even christmas.

also you can use www.springmail.com to chek e-mail online as well thru your
browser.

also Time warner in the next few weeks will be offering Earthlink via cable
!

Also Earthlink Mindspring does not stop you using ftp, or gamming servers
:-)

Road Runner jams ports.