[SLUG] Dial up ISP's, Brandon II Meeting

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 11:37:32 EDT

Hey, all. I'm asking this question on behalf of a
friend who currently does not have internet access.
The guy just went gung-ho, full Linux (bye bye
windows, the guy picked up SuSE). Unfortunatelly, he
uses CompuServe as his ISP and wishes to switch to
another that would be compatible with Linux (as far as
I know, CompuServe uses the proprietary AOL
authentication protocol). Any recomendations?
Unfortunatelly, I my experience with dial-ups is weak
at best.

On a secondary note, the Brandon II meeting, which
takes place in the Computer Advantage shop on the
third Thursday of every month at 7pm WILL _STILL_ TAKE
PLACE THIS WEEK. Just thought I'd make it clear to all
who might be wondering.

Thanks,
Norb

=====