Re: [SLUG] Burning CD with Redhat 7.1 Kernal 2.4.3-12

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 09:00:48 EDT

Hi all slug@nks.net:

> I have reached the conclusion that RedHat linux since 6.4 (I could burn cds on
> 6.4) will not burn cd-roms.

  I find it hard to believe that any disto. of LINUX would have any
problem burning a CDR, the most likely problems are the same kind
of things that effect the helpless winblows users, interrupt conflects
and mis-programming.
  100% of the process is in the burner, your program sends it some
commands then keeps the buffer full.
  I have never had a problem, never used the X-system, just
LINUX, I make all logs and review them all after every creation.
I make Joilet for my niece and Rockridge for myself.
I never had the buffer go below 94%, don't do other things at
the same time. I go do something else for the 11 minutes.
Never made a coaster. (a SCSI 6X CDR's and 4X CDRW's)
  I started to copy of a CDR with the X-system once, but I
aborted it before it started (in the count down) it when I
realized no log files were being created. I do not use an
AGP video card which shares an interrupt with one PCI card
(usually) but soon.

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm