Re: [SLUG] net card not working

From: Robert Krencis (rkrencis@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 20:20:34 EDT

I deleted the files indicated and then used netconf to reinstall.
Now when I boot I get a bunch of messages in the startup stream about s10,s20,s30 etc for different services
saying something to the effect expecting some sort of character, nul or something that I cant remember.
I have decided to trash the system and rebuild. On thing that I noticed is that when doing the install the install will detect the dmfe card but when installing the module
in the kernel module and selecting network interfaces the dmfe module does not appear in the list. Are the lists for the install and the kernel module network cards
different and where are they.
thank for your help,
bob
p.s. Its a learning process installing things. Some day I might get my web and email configuration working.