Re: [SLUG] Problems with compactflash

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 21:35:56 EDT

Derek:
Thanks for the liink to the page below
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/
I found out about my problem, looks like I am going to have
to obtain a ISA card rather than the PCI card for this pcmcia
socket hardware. There is a bug in the linux code that causes
the problem and until it is fixed CF cards will not work with
a PC Card socket for the desk top. Does not matter what type
of CF to pcmcia adapter you use, the problem is in the alocation
of IRQ's with the PCI bus. I found severa references to the problem
with the same exact description to the letter as to what I am seeing.
Just have to wait until it gets fixed..

Thanks to all who have replied.

--
Chuck Hast