Re: [SLUG] is this for real?

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 20:10:41 EDT

Yes this IS for real, but it is a draft that has not (as yet) been
submitted to Congress.

It's not microsoft who's bankrolling this -- it's the entertainment
business (notably Disney). They seem to be of the opinion that people
only use computers to view or listen to their entertainment products and
that everyone should all be required to only run software that they
control using OUR congress as their frontmen.

It is absolutely imperative that people become informed as to this
potential menace and contact our representatives early and often.

Find your House Representative here: http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Your Senators here:

                Graham, Bob (D - FL)
                524 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
                WASHINGTON DC 20510
                (202) 224-3041
                bob_graham@graham.senate.gov

                Nelson, Bill (D - FL)
                716 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
                WASHINGTON DC 20510
                (202) 224-5274
                senator@billnelson.senate.gov

Don't just email them -- at least send a snail-mail letter. Better if
it's USPS certified mail then you'll get a legal document proving it was
received and he/she will have to produce photo id and sign for it when
it arrives. They'll be sure to read THAT one and pay attention! Be
polite but firm and clear.

Ed.