RE: [SLUG] basic IRQ question

From: Miller, Matt (Matt.Miller@expanets.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 09:29:11 EDT

Check this link out:
http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/irq1.html
"For the first time, the PCI bus allowed for managed sharing of hardware
interrupts. We can now have multiple PCI devices assigned to the same
physical IRQ line, because the PCI chipset manages communication between the
PCI devices and the processor. For this reason, it is perfectly normal today
to see two or three devices assigned to the same IRQ. In this case, you will
also see entries such as IRQ Holder for PCI Steering."

Matt