Re: [SLUG] basic IRQ question

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 10:20:04 EDT

>On Tuesday 09 October 2001 22:52, you wrote:
>> Is it okay for two PCI ethernet cards to share the same IRQ? For the
>> moment, they're both at IRQ 11, and I do see that there are a few other
>> IRQ's available...should I switch one of the cards to an open IRQ?
>>
>> Thanks for helping education along....
>>
>> Russell

Usually for both video cards to work you enable palette snooping in the bios
features
of the PC. Then the os if it supports dual video cards usually loads a irq
sharing assingment to
the devices.

Most of the times it is recommended that you have matching cards as some
don't play well with
others. Such as some old Cirrus Logics and S3's do not work well with each
other.

Maybe this url will help you .
http://www.linux-mag.com/2000-02/desktop_01.html

Hope that helps some.