Re: [SLUG] Burning CD

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 00:46:11 EDT

An easy way to burn an iso is by the command line

all you have to know is the speed to burn at, the scsi device of your drive
(cdrecord -scanbus will give it), and the iso file to burn.
As an example, my writer is device 0,0, and I burn at 4x speed

cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0 your_iso_file_name

-v is verbose which tells you the progress, and -eject will eject the CD after
it is written.

    scott

for non iso files, you can use mkisofs from tfhe command line to make an iso
image and then burn it, or the graphical front ends should pick up the files (as
long as you have permission to access them).

btw, you can look at, copy, run things from, etc an iso image by mounting it
using the loopback device and an empty directory for a mount point.

mount -t iso9660 -o loop the_iso_image the_mountpoint_directory

    scott