Re: [SLUG] Burning CD

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 19:26:11 EDT

On Thursday 11 October 2001 12:46 am, Scott Piper wrote:
> An easy way to burn an iso is by the command line
>
> all you have to know is the speed to burn at, the scsi device of your
> drive (cdrecord -scanbus will give it), and the iso file to burn.
> As an example, my writer is device 0,0, and I burn at 4x speed
>
> cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0 your_iso_file_name
>
> -v is verbose which tells you the progress, and -eject will eject the CD
> after it is written.
>

> scott
>
> for non iso files, you can use mkisofs from tfhe command line to make an
> iso image and then burn it, or the graphical front ends should pick up the
> files (as long as you have permission to access them).
>

> btw, you can look at, copy, run things from, etc an iso image by mounting
> it using the loopback device and an empty directory for a mount point.
>
> mount -t iso9660 -o loop the_iso_image the_mountpoint_directory

Thanks Scott, Glen, All

I just tried this as root and received the message that the CD R/W is not
device 0,0 or 0,0,0

Both Scott and Glen have almost exactly the same response as Glen but there
is one difference.

For you dev=0,0
For him dev=0,0,0

And I seem to recall from prevous motzing on my part that it is not 0,0 or
0,0,0 but something with 1's in it.

How does one determin what the correct device adress is?

Thanks
Frank