Re: [SLUG] Burning CD

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 01:13:43 EDT

Frank,

        These sound like buffer underrun errors. I've actually had a great deal of
success with XCDRoast - I don't know why anyone would have any trouble at
all. I've had issues with both gcombust and gtoaster, but doing it from the
command line is probably the most efficient way of doing it.

Here's how I handle things from the command line:

        1. Put all the files I want to see with the directory structure I want under
a temporary directory.

        2. Run mkisofs on that directory:

        (as root) mkisofs -max-iso-filenames(sp?) -joliet tempdir/ > name.iso

        3. Use cdrecord to burn it

        (as root) cdrecord -eject -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 name.iso

I like seeing the GUI do all this, but if the prog is screwing up I'll do it
like this.

        Glen