Re: [SLUG] Sendmail hanging why?

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 11:58:29 EDT

Bob Foxworth wrote:
> [Bob Foxworth] In RedHat, you can run " chkconfig --list " to
> return a couple dozen services and their on|off state for each of
> the six runlevels, and you have an option to "--add" or "--del"
> the services, you can set sendmail to "off" for each of the 0 thru 6
> runlevels as I did. This retains the option of turning it "on"
> later.

"chkconfig" is the 'preferred' method for configuring RedHat
run-levels. You can also use the "setup" ncurses interface to check
on/off the services for the current run-level.

Bob, is there a good HOWTO on registering new init scripts with
chkconfig? I often create my own init scripts and haven't bothered
to find out how to add them so I can select them in chkconfig/setup.

> But I agree, unless you WANT to run mail services, it just gets in
> the way as well as being an unwanted security hole.

Exactomundo!

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413