Re: [SLUG] Burning CD

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 15:17:08 EDT

Hi:

  I, like many use a SCSI CD-RW to keep r & w controllers seperate.
 I keep two HD's on two different controllers so when I make a ISO
image from HD directories it lands on the other HD, my CD-RW
uses a different controller from eather. Your image.iso should be
on the controller that does not have the IDE CD-RW.
  I keep my CDROM (reader) on the IDE controller with my small
HD so when I do an IOS dump of a CDR it lands on the bigger drive.
  I do not think the order of drives can create a major problem
if there are no DMA conflects etc. (on most mommy boards the AGP
video card shares an interrupt with one of the PCI slots,
and video cards don't like to share)
  Another possible problem, one I have, is since my mommy board
doesn't have an INTEL controller chip set, and my kernal doesn't support
dma for my (VIA)IDE controller, my HD's operate in the pio mode. (slow)
(never a coaster) I am going to patch my kernal to get dma or udma asap.

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm