[SLUG] Re: Dumping Progeny for Woody?

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 10:25:06 EDT

Gee, Ollie, I've gone and made a real mess now! :-)

I downloaded and installed Woody using apt-get. When the
process was finished and I went to shut down Progeny (in which
many files were replaced by generic Debian files during the Woody
install) I got a small window with some boxes but no text. I had to
power down.

Since it was then 1:30AM I decided to wait until morning.

Powered up and it loaded 2.2.18 and ran through some stuff and
then presented a log-in window with no text and when I tried to
enter Root and Password it doesn't recognize my entry.

I think that the Woody install bollixed up the keyboard mapping
as I recall some poorly explained choices during the Woody install
and selected the default.

During the Woody setup I made these non-default choices (in some
cases there was no default):

bsd-ftpd Yes re. use debconf
Postfix Internet Site
World Writable Mail Drop Yes
Locales (no explanation of options offered) af_ZA ISO-8859-1
[Edit: /etc/locale.gen then Run: locale-gen]

Error: libgnomeprint15 depends on GS, not yet configured.

While the Woody install was processing I received the following
errors:

libwww-perl
lintian
dpkg-dev