Re: [SLUG] Burning CD - Update

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 10:59:16 EDT

SOTL wrote:
> 1. Check the weather. Yes, get the weather report. Better yet since weather
> reports are notoriously unreliable go outside and see what the weather is
> like. If there is a chance of heavy thunderstorm activity forget downloading
> or burning CD. Yes. I know about UPSs but somehow that just doesn't eliminate
> line voltage serges.

Or the fact that your last mile cable exchange isn't on one! TWC
sucks.

> 4. When burning CD it is best if you fall asleep on the couch this way you
> will not disturb the keyboard, mouse, or create sufficient vibration to
> affect the burner.

??? TheBS burns 4 CDs simultaneously (one at 24x ATA-2/DMA, three
at 8x FastSCSI/DMA) while running games! Of course, my boxes are on
the floor, and I now have 1.4GHz dual-processor Athlon, 1GB ECC
SDRAM. ;-PPP

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith    mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org   chat:thebs413