Re: [SLUG] I'm down

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 22:19:31 EDT

Paul M Foster wrote:
> Troll.

Fine then, it's a "troll."

> Please cite the publicly posted statistics to back up your
> assertion.

Since I've joined earlier in the month (or was it late last month?),
I've seen at least a half-dozen _pure_ Windows posts (not
Samba/networking, but _pure_ Windows registry and crap), and a
half-dozen _pure_ hardware posts (not DMA issues and other things,
but _pure_ hardware ones). I'm on FLU, JAXLUG, LEAP and MLINUX
(although this last one isn't too active as far as lists go), and
I've never seen so many as I have here. If you really want me to
give you the URLs to the archives, I will, but I would really rather
spend my time answering _Linux_ questions on this and other LUG
lists.

Again, it was "just a suggestion." I'm just used to people using
the non-main list for hardware and Windows discussions. I am
definately *NOT* the moderator. So take my opinion as just that, an
_opinion_. Again, this list has been provided for the enjoyment of
everyone in central/north Florida LUGS:

No offense, but a number of people have accused me of not using
Linux (when I haven't had a Windows system for over 3 years now!),
pulling my answers and URLs out of Google (when they were _all_ URLs
to my own posts!) and being generally wrong about various technical
issues (when I'm just sharing my personal experiences). If you
don't like my advise, *IGNORE IT*! If you don't like my posts,
*FILTER ME*! It's as simple as that!

Of course, I think you'll find I answer a number of questions that
other people leave hanging, or others send you off on wild goose
chases. Most like to bitch about my posting length, my posting
ettique (e.g., adding to the subject line, even though I follow the
O'Reilly guidelines), or other crap. All until they get a question
answered by me (and then they change their tune).

I'll appologize when I'm wrong, and I generally try to keep my pride
from affecting technical accuracy. I'm far from perfect and you'll
here me admit it. I'm just someone who has used Linux 100% for the
past 3 years, and I like to help people. Yes I have a 'tude of
sort, but if you understand that I spend most of my time helping
people and dispelling the FUD of people who largely use Windows on
LUG lists, you'd have the some viewpoints too.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith     mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413
Engineer   AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.   http://www.linux-wlan.org