Re: [SLUG] Net Hardware questions

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 22:22:11 EDT

I haven't used a pcmcia card in Linux, but I would think that there should be
an eth0 setting in the /etc/network/interfaces file that will work with your
pcmcia card network adapter.

It looks like you need the pcmcia-cs module for your card which for some
reason doesn't appear to have loaded. You can try a modprobe pcmcia-cs to
see if it gets loaded or what messages appear.

Also this is just a suspicious looking item, but how about changing either
the hyphen in /etc/modules/pcmcia-cs to an underscore, or the underscore in
your 3c589_cs to a hyphen. Actually, you should be able to find the module
in /lib/modules/yourkernelversion

Sorry I'm not more familiar with either progeny or PCMCIA.

    scott