Re: [SLUG] emu10k1

From: Bill Triplett (btt@nethouse.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 07:14:55 EST

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 12:48:09AM -0500, RH wrote:
> Doesnt Creative Labs maintain the driver? I always assumed that they were
> the config control for the emu10k drivers.

Yes, I think Creative does maintain it. I remember having to go to
their website to get information on it a long time ago.

> By the way, what do you mean that it is clipping the card? Do you mean that
> it is over-driving the speakers, causing voltage saturation?

My SB Live Value started doing this recently, too. It takes a little
fiddling with the I-gain and O-gain on the mixer to get it
right.

I remember them doing a major overhaul of the emu10k1 around 2.4.7
(not sure). That's when the mixer's functionality really
changed. Before it could mix from XMMS, a line-in from another
computer, and the TV card. Since the change I haven't been able to
get the three playing at the same time. There's a big chance that I'm
not operating the mixer properly, too as I don't really know what all
the little buttons under the various levels do.