Re: [SLUG] Bash Assist

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 13:10:19 EST

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 09:48:41AM -0500, steve wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm curious.
>
> It sounds like what you are talking about is the mail forwarding control
> solution. Since it remembers that you logged in for 30 minutes, where's the
> problem?

You're correct. This is XO's solution for preventing spam relaying. The
problem comes in where I want to send mail without having first checked
inbound mail. Yes, I could set up a cron job to fetch mail periodically,
but that solution seems like using a sledge to pound in a picture
hanger. I'd prefer a solution that's more... subtle? Also, on occasion I
have to pick up mail at work from the same mailbox. If I implement a
cron job, that mail may be gone when I go to pick it up at work. (Yes, I
know there are solutions for that, too. But I don't want to get that
far into it, just to fix this little problem.)

Paul