Re: [SLUG] What is a good printer?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 13:14:21 EST

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 09:19:39AM -0800, Justin Keyes wrote:

> Be careful with Lexmark. Most or all lexmarks require ghostscript,
> meaning they are windows-only printers. I couldn't get my lexmark z23
> to work, and I couldn't find linux drivers for it....

I'm not sure what this means. Many Linux printing implementations use
ghostscript as an intermediate layer, so I don't know how Lexmarks
requiring ghostscript means that they're Windows-only printers. Are you
saying that Lexmarks are postscript printers? If so, that's the native
printing language of Linux.

Paul