Re: [SLUG] Bash Assist

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 16:28:28 EST

On Saturday 03 November 2001 13:10, you wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 09:48:41AM -0500, steve wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > I'm curious.
> >
> > It sounds like what you are talking about is the mail forwarding control
> > solution. Since it remembers that you logged in for 30 minutes, where's
> > the problem?
>
> You're correct. This is XO's solution for preventing spam relaying. The
> problem comes in where I want to send mail without having first checked
> inbound mail. Yes, I could set up a cron job to fetch mail periodically,
> but that solution seems like using a sledge to pound in a picture
> hanger. I'd prefer a solution that's more... subtle? Also, on occasion I
> have to pick up mail at work from the same mailbox. If I implement a
> cron job, that mail may be gone when I go to pick it up at work. (Yes, I
> know there are solutions for that, too. But I don't want to get that
> far into it, just to fix this little problem.)
>
> Paul

Yeah I used to use XO but dropped them as they were not able to service my
needs. Kinda backwards on security too as they by default give you a insecure
connection to update your web pages. Even though there's a secure link on the
same page!

Why don't you just have fetchmail get your mail and there will not be an
issue about sending?

Steve