[SLUG] I am impressed!!

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 00:02:21 EST

As I said in a previous message, I had a HP 855C which
I thought was DOA. After finding out I had a bad print cart-
ridge I replaced it and the thing took off (under Win2k) very
slow and klunky, but hey it is paid for.

Well I set it up on my LINUX machine here at home and found
out that I had never seen that machine go at full speed, even
when I used it under OS/2 it was slow, and on windows it was
a turtle. Well NOT SO under LINUX. The colors are not the best
but hey the thing is I think about 4 years old and I am mostly
interested in using it to print maps and whatnot which do not
demand so much in terms of colour as say a picture.

The B&W stuff looks real nice and clean for a 4 yr old deskjet
at that. Setting it up was a nit, by way, LINUX would print 4
prints in the time it took the win2k machine to print 1. 9-}

Above all thank all of you for the information. Now to get a
printer that will do photo stuff, and keep this one for the day
to day not so demanding stuff.

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT