Re: [SLUG] apt-get & KDE

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 08:37:44 EST

> Does any one know if there is a mirror I can point
> apt-get.sources towards to install the latest KDE with
> one command

Do you want KDE 3.0 or would you be happy with something from debian's
"unstable" (as opposed to "testing")? If you want something from unstable,
then just go the debian website and pick a mirror. OTOH, check out this link:
http://www.kde.org/documentation/userguide/installing-debian.html

> (ex. Ximian has it set up so that I only
> have to type apt-get install task-ximian-gnome,
> provided I point the sources file to their red-carpet
> site. Does KDE have something like that?).

So, yeah, they do... :-)

<snip>
> Now, Ximian won't install on Corel because it keeps
> saying that it doesn't recognize "[]". (what is this
> system identifier and how do I make it say "Debian?").

Don't know, but it's pretty crappy that Ximian is like that. You should file
a bug report.

HTH

Russell