Re: [SLUG] Linux and Win Network Configuration

From: Doumbeck1@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 11:07:54 EST

that question is very very broad....if you mean getting Win98 to work on an
IP network that is shared with a linux system...then its no different than it
being a regular IP network which it is....

If you mean using Win98 as a client on a linux network...Ok then we have
somewhere to go. unfortunately this is also a very broad question with so
many permutations that its hard to come up with a concise answer. Can you
please tell us what you want to accomplish? This would be much easier...There
isn't a generic Windows+Linux-Networking-HOWTO.

So what do you want to do?

Linux Server + Windows Client

Windows Server + Linux Client

Peer-to-Peer Networking ala Networking Neighborhood

DHCP

Primary Domain Controller with Logon scripts

The list goes on and on....its a wonderful world =)

I'll try to be as helpful as I can, I just need to know what you want to do.

Scot Mc Pherson