Re: [SLUG] Netscape 6.2 -- Just get it.

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 23:23:43 EST

Ed, I haven't found a browser for Linux that will do what Mozilla
(http://www.mozilla.org) for Mac does.

All of those password pages can be unlocked with one administrator
password. In other words, credit card sites, map sites, online
ordering, etc. etc. no longer need cookies or manual entry. Not only
that, it will populate fields for you from past visits (if you want
it to remember). The problem is it's a downright slow pig, and I
mean that! I've got an iMac233 w/256MB RAM OS9.1.

I use Opera 5 on Linux. I like it, and it's got some right-click
fill-in features, but I haven't seen what Mozilla for Mac has
anywhere. Anybody else know? Maybe there are some third party
plug-ins? Could perl do this? How about Expect? If you haven't
tried a browser like that, you should. It saves so much time.

Mario