Re: [SLUG] need info

From: Tim Wright (t.wright1@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 21:32:09 EST

On Monday 19 November 2001 22:53, you wrote:
> At 02:57 AM 11/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >I can tell you from experience that Custom Cable should never be used for
> >something complex. WE used them on some projects where I work and they
> > messed up a lot of cables with custom pin-outs that cost use a good
> > amount of delay finishing the project because of them. There is another
> > place here I believe they are called Compulink they do everything from
> > ethernet to fiberoptics and are pretty good.
>
> Our company has used Compulink to make custom cables several times. Their
> engineers are very knowledgeable and helpful when we were creating cables
> with special pin-outs and ends. I know they also make 'standard' cables to
> spec as well.
>

> VT

Here's another endorsement for CompuLink. My company is an electronics
contract manufacturer and has been buying cables from CompuLink for probably
ten years. We've been very pleased with their work. As long as you can define
what you want with a drawing or schematic, they can build it: ribbon cable,
twisted pair, coaxial, fiber optic, etc. They have a division or group that
specializes in data cabling, wiring office for networks, etc.

They're a sizeable outfit and may not want to take on very small jobs, but
you have nothing ot lose by asking.