[SLUG] webdev, apache, et. al.

From: Patrick Grantham (pwgrant@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 12:15:21 EST

I dealt with this before, but I don't remember the solution.

When new files are created in the web root folder, they are NOT readable by
a browser until the all users read switch is turned on for the file (i.e
"chmod -R o+r *.*".) In the case of some server-side language (i.e. php3)
o+rx, for those to run. How can I make this the default for new files
created in the folder at the time of creation?

I know it must be in the man pages, but I can't find the solution or I do
know I've read it.