Re: [SLUG] No WM in X

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 18:21:52 EST

Thanks, Scott. I feel so foolish. Within the first four paragraphs
of /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/README.Debian, it says use
update-alternatives. Arrgggh!

Ah-ha! /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager has a broken symbolic link
to /usr/bin/enlightenment
I can't afford to run enlightenment cause it's too slow, so I've
never installed it. This looks promising now.

After a successful run of update-alternatives --verbose --config
x-window-manager
I find that the symlink is fixed
After I run startx, I still get the same result; an X client with one xterm

At least I've made some progress. What else might be wrong here?

Mario