[SLUG] Debian and Window Managers

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 14:37:03 EST

Mario, I can't remember if you were the one having trouble with Debian
and Window managers, but here's something that may help whoever it was.

I would try using the middle, left, and right mouse buttons to see if
you can get some type of menu when you are in X. I know the window
manager sawfish doesn't give you much of anything on the screen.

Also, I would get a virtual terminal with ctrl-alt-F2 and then do a ps
aux to see what processes are running, and what window manager if any.

Thirdly, it almost seems like you have some type of X session manager
running. I think xdm gives a small xterm window when it starts X. Try
update-alternatives --display x-session-manager to see if anything is
pointed to.

    scott