[SLUG] Fw: Ellison Hammers M$ vs UNIX & Need Laptop Memory Source ?

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 13:08:45 EST

Don't see the sense in encouraging bad behavior but always happy
to read someone else pointing out M$'s flaws and hypocrisy (below).

I am still looking for a local source of a used 12 or 16meg memory
module for my old IBM ThinkPad 360cse (prefer to buy local and
support our FL economy in a small way).

Anyone seen such a critter or can suggest a source? So far Internet
searches only turn up $79. - $89. new modules ... way too pricey for
such an old laptop.

Thanks! doc

> ORACLE'S BRASH AD CAMPAIGN SEEMS TO BE DOING ITS JOB
> Oracle's new "Unbreakable" ad campaign -- challenging hackers
> everywhere to try to break into the company's servers -- has increased
> by tenfold the number of break-in attempts, which are now in the
> range of 30,000 a week, most of them naively hoping to exploit a hole in
> Microsoft's Windows NT operating system (which Oracle doesn't use).
> Oracle chief executive Larry Ellison boasts: "People are sending attacks
> Oracle.com to try to find the NT bugs, but sadly it's like a fly hitting a
wind
> screen. The wind screen doesn't budge. Microsoft doesn't even use NT on
> their own Web site. They use Unix. It's rather ironic." Microsoft
executives
> were unavailable for comment. (Reuters/USA Today 10 Dec 2001)

http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/2001/12/10/oracle-hackers-challenge.
htm