Re: [SLUG] A "whatis" catalog

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 13:48:09 EST

also, apt-cache will give you information on packages (all the available
ones, not just the ones you have installed). For example,

apt-cache search plot

will return all the packages whose descriptions contain the word plot.
 Then you can look up info on one of the results with the show option
for more detailed information.

apt-cache show starplot

    scott