Re: [SLUG] HELLLLLP Kernal panics - long post

From: Derek Glidden (dglidden@illusionary.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 15:03:27 EST

Mike Manchester wrote:

> Thanks Glen;
> I'll him run the memory checker from freshmeat. The symptoms you hard
> are what he is seeing. We found the if you let the box set long enough,
> it will boot back up, without reinstalling Linux. So it looks like the
> memory may be where the problem is at.

Hmmm, if there's a fan on the CPU heatsink, check that it's running.

Otherwise, that sort of symptom really sounds like heat-related either
memory or motherboard or CPU. memtest86 will crank everything up pretty
hot, so see if the box can be stable running it for a few hours or so.

With Microsoft products, failure is not an option --
                                     it's a standard component.
Choose your life.  Choose your future.            Derek Glidden
         Choose Linux.              http://www.illusionary.com/