My slockets (was: Re: [SLUG] HELLLLLP Kernal panics - long post)

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 17:09:41 EST

As it turned out, I was just too chicken to put any real force behind it.
Apparently, the better slockets appear to go too far so to cover the holes to
keep dust out. Makes sense, especially after I opened the ZIF socket to see
what was up. The cam attached to the lever will dig into the plastic if
pushed too far when it can't go any further - like when there's a processor
in it!

Needless to say, I feel like a complete moron and desire to be given 1000
lashes with the wet noodle.

So, after all was said and done, it turns out the motherboard can't do 800mhz
chips. It'll boot only one at 600mhz. Now I need a new dual board. When will
this ever end?

        Glen